Retractable childproof sash stop designed to secure the sash window on upper levels where security is paramount, especially with children. Has been independently tested to comply with safety requirements under the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW), and is over 10 times stronger than is required. Please contact us if you would like a copy of the test report.
- One pack contains two stops and two strike plates - enough for one window
- Key sold seperately
- Fitted at 12.5cm above the meeting rail on the top sash, once in the open position, it stops the sash opening providing security when the window is open.
- Child proof retractable stop have a self-locking mechanism, which restrict the opening of any windows
- Child proof because it requires a key to unlock it
- The key unlocks the barrel and allows it to protrude out to the open position or fully retract into the main plug to the closed position to allow the sash to slide past
- No removable parts
- Easy Fit
- 15mm diameter
- Use tool (sold separately) for a neat installment
- If installed correctly, enables the maximum window opening to be less than 12.5cms
- Has been very popular for Strata Buildings looking to comply with the NSW Window Safety Device Requirements
- Make sure the window is closed. Drill a 16mm hole, 25mm deep in the verticle section of the top sash, no less than 10mm above the meeting rail.
- Fit the Sash Stop into the hole and screw in. The Stop can be recessed of proud to the surface.
- Unscrew the Stop with the key, then mark the position of the Strike Plate.
- Fit the Strike Plate on top of the meeting rail under the Sash Stop